York County Juvenile Diversion officers will also serve Polk County

YORK – The York County Commissioners have given the go-ahead for York County Juvenile Diversion officers to also serve Polk County.

Tristan Perry, the director of juvenile diversion, earlier asked for the commissioners’ permission to do so. He is currently applying for grant funding for next year and asked to do the same for Polk County, in order to provide services there as well.

It will not cost York County any money to also provide services to Polk County – and each county will receive its own portion of grant funding.

Earlier, the commissioners expressed concerns about the York County diversion officers having enough time to take on another county but Perry said the number of cases in Polk County are very low and they could handle the extra work.

The commissioners gave their approval this past week, but with a clause that will outline how Polk County is still responsible for its own program should the grant funding not come through.

Thanks for reading this article.
JMWNews.com content is free and never behind a paywall.
We believe in trustworthy, local journalism that is accessible to everyone.